MachineFinder NEWS for Agriculture
- Kansas State University Specialists Provide Cover Crop Best Practices
Kansas State University agronomists recently shared their tips for how to control weeds and select more efficient cover crops.
- John Deere Electronic Solutions Honored as NDSU Campus Community Partner
John Deere Electronic Solutions was recognized by NDSU for its long-standing partnership with the school.
- University of Illinois Workshops to Help Producers Meet Livestock Management Facilities Act Requirements
The University of Illinois Extension has scheduled workshops so producers can meet the requirements of the Livestock Management Facilities Act.
- New Mobile Apps and Mapping Functions Added to John Deere Operations Center
John Deere has announced the availability of a new software release for its Operations Center platform.
- Clemson Students Build Mobile Cotton Harvester to Increase Agricultural Awareness
Students from Clemson University have redesigned a mechanical cotton picker to teach others about cotton harvesting.
- Georgia Farmers Faced with Hurricane Matthew Crop Damage Encouraged to Contact Local FSA Offices
Pecan and cotton farmers in southeast Georgia are being encouraged to seek government assistance from the damage stemming from Hurricane Matthew.
- Large Corn Farms Twice as Likely to Adopt Precision Agriculture Technologies
The largest corn farms (those with more than 2,900 acres) are twice as likely to adopt precision agriculture technologies than smaller farms.
- ISU and Purdue’s Agricultural and Biological Engineering Programs Rank No. 1 for Undergraduates
ISU and Purdue tied for the top spot on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the best undergraduate biological and agricultural programs.
- Penn State Extension Releases 2017 Dairy Farm Safety Calendar
Penn State Extension professionals have put together a new calendar for 2017 that’s designed to raise safety awareness.
- New John Deere K-II Series Utility Wheel Loaders to Boost Engine Performance and Fuel Efficiency
John Deere has improved its line of utility-class wheel loaders with machines designed to enhance fuel efficiency and provide additional agility.
- Deere and Scherer Design Engineering Agreement to Strengthen Self-Propelled Forage Harvester Kernel Processing
John Deere has formed a joint development agreement with Scherer Design Engineering, Inc., in an effort to strengthen kernel processing solutions.
- Kansas State University Plant Pathologist Warns Corn Producers of Bacterial Leaf Streak
Bacterial leaf streak is making its way through corn crops in the heartland, according to Kansas State University.
- 39th Annual Sunbelt Ag Expo to Feature Harvesting and Tillage Demos
The 39th Annual Sunbelt Ag Expo will be hosted between Oct. 18 and Oct. 20 near Moultrie, Georgia.
- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Advises Combine Adjustment for Wet Fields
Iowa State University has recently published a series of combine adjustment tips that could help producers better cope with wet field conditions.
- John Deere ExactApply Designed to Improve Spray Accuracy
John Deere has introduced a new nozzle control for sprayers called ExactApply™, and it will be available on all John Deere 4-Series Sprayers.
- John Deere Historic Site Set to Host Fall Festival
John Deere has announced that it will be hosting its first-ever Fall Festival on Saturday, Oct. 8 at the John Deere Historic Site.
- Auburn University College of Agriculture Prepares for 2016 Ag Roundup
The Auburn Agricultural Alumni Association and the College of Agriculture are set to host the 2016 Ag Roundup on Oct. 1.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Experts Warn Wheat Growers of Hessian Fly Threat
With the fall wheat planting season underway, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service experts are warning growers of a potential Hessian fly problem.
- State Fair of Virginia Farm Equipment Exhibit to Offer Road Safety Tips
A farm equipment exhibit at the State Fair of Virginia will be dedicated to highlighting best practices for farmers moving equipment on public roads.
- Valley Plains Equipment to be Featured in September ‘On the Road with Machinery Pete’ Episode
The U.S. Farm Report will travel to Valley Plains Equipment in Jamestown, North Dakota for its upcoming “On the Road with Machinery Pete” episode.