MachineFinder NEWS for Agriculture
- Antique Tractors Gear Up for 2016 Tractor Relay Across Nebraska
the Nebraska Antique Farming Association will be sponsoring the “Tractor Relay Across Nebraska” event, which is set to take place June 4-12.
- Top Farmer Conference to Explore Growth Opportunities July 7-8
Between July 7 and 8, Purdue University is set to host the annual “Top Farmer Conference” for farmers and agribusiness professionals.
- Agricultural Economists: Switch to Soybean Planting Could Be Financially Rewarding
Farmers who have delayed in planting corn could potentially make up for any losses by planting soybeans instead.
- Study Offers Insights on Management of Giant Ragweed in Corn Belt
A recent study shed light on the prominence of giant ragweed and its contribution to crop loss across the Corn Belt.
- Green Iron Equipment Set to Host On the Road with Machinery Pete Episode
Green Iron Equipment in LaMoure, North Dakota will host a roundtable discussion as part of the latest “On the Road with Machinery Pete” episode.
- USDA FSFL Program Now Includes Portable Storage and Handling Equipment
The USDA recently announced that it will provide a new financing option for farmers looking to purchase portable storage and grain handling equipment.
- University of Illinois Outlines Planting Dates for Highest Corn and Soybean Yields
Optimal times to plant for corn and soybean crops appear to fall in mid-April, but farmers who are waiting for drier field conditions may not see a large yield penalty.
- 2016 Texas Family Land Heritage Application Deadline Set for May 31
Texas farmers and ranchers are now eligible to apply for the Texas Department of Agriculture’s (TDA) Family Land Heritage (FLH) program.
- Number of Indiana Acres Devoted to Cover Crops Grows by 225 Times in Past Decade
Soil health in the state of Indiana is improving, much in part due to the planting of cover crops.
- USDA Expands Safety-Net for Family Dairy Farms
The USDA announced that dairy farms participating in the Margin Protection Program can now update their production history when a family member joins.
- G-Series Wheeled Harvesters Added to North American John Deere Forestry Line
John Deere announced on April 18 that it has added G-Series harvesters to its forestry product line in North America.
- John Deere Historic Site Opens for 52nd Season on May 1, 2016
John Deere announced on April 13 that it will be opening the doors to the John Deere Historic Site for the 52nd year on May 1.
- Midwest Machinery Co. to Host Upcoming On the Road with Machinery Pete Episode
It was announced on April 13 that On the Road with Machinery Pete will host a roundtable discussion at the Midwest Machinery Co. in Sauk Center, Minn.
- John Deere Mobile RTK Signal Now Available in North America
John Deere announced on April 11 that it has launched the John Deere Mobile RTK Signal in North America.
- Virginia Beach to Host 7th National Small Farm Conference
The 7th National Small Farm Conference will be held in Virginia Beach between September 20 and 22.
- Drivers Reminded to Watch for Farm Equipment During Planting Season
The University of Missouri Extension warns those in rural areas that farm equipment may be on the roads during planting season.
- U.S. Corn Acreage Set for Dramatic Increase in 2016
U.S. corn growers expect to plant 93.6 million acres of corn this year, which would mark the first increase in corn planted acreage since 2012.
- Producers Being Urged to Prepare Farm Equipment for the Planting Season
A Purdue Extension specialist is encouraging agricultural professionals to tune up their machinery for safety and efficiency during planting.
- John Deere Expands Sprayer Line with Joint Venture
John Deere announced on March 29 that it has entered an agreement with Hagie Manufacturing, a U.S.-based high-clearance sprayer manufacturer.
- 2016 Gathering of the Green Draws Record Attendance
Approximately 3,000 John Deere enthusiasts turned out for the 2016 Gathering of the Green conference in Davenport, Ia.