MachineFinder NEWS for Agriculture
- Number of Indiana Acres Devoted to Cover Crops Grows by 225 Times in Past Decade
Soil health in the state of Indiana is improving, much in part due to the planting of cover crops.
- USDA Expands Safety-Net for Family Dairy Farms
The USDA announced that dairy farms participating in the Margin Protection Program can now update their production history when a family member joins.
- G-Series Wheeled Harvesters Added to North American John Deere Forestry Line
John Deere announced on April 18 that it has added G-Series harvesters to its forestry product line in North America.
- John Deere Historic Site Opens for 52nd Season on May 1, 2016
John Deere announced on April 13 that it will be opening the doors to the John Deere Historic Site for the 52nd year on May 1.
- Midwest Machinery Co. to Host Upcoming On the Road with Machinery Pete Episode
It was announced on April 13 that On the Road with Machinery Pete will host a roundtable discussion at the Midwest Machinery Co. in Sauk Center, Minn.
- John Deere Mobile RTK Signal Now Available in North America
John Deere announced on April 11 that it has launched the John Deere Mobile RTK Signal in North America.
- Virginia Beach to Host 7th National Small Farm Conference
The 7th National Small Farm Conference will be held in Virginia Beach between September 20 and 22.
- Drivers Reminded to Watch for Farm Equipment During Planting Season
The University of Missouri Extension warns those in rural areas that farm equipment may be on the roads during planting season.
- U.S. Corn Acreage Set for Dramatic Increase in 2016
U.S. corn growers expect to plant 93.6 million acres of corn this year, which would mark the first increase in corn planted acreage since 2012.
- Producers Being Urged to Prepare Farm Equipment for the Planting Season
A Purdue Extension specialist is encouraging agricultural professionals to tune up their machinery for safety and efficiency during planting.
- John Deere Expands Sprayer Line with Joint Venture
John Deere announced on March 29 that it has entered an agreement with Hagie Manufacturing, a U.S.-based high-clearance sprayer manufacturer.
- 2016 Gathering of the Green Draws Record Attendance
Approximately 3,000 John Deere enthusiasts turned out for the 2016 Gathering of the Green conference in Davenport, Ia.
- Purdue University Online Course Looks to Assists Ag Sales Professionals
Purdue University has launched a new course to address the demand for more ag sales education.
- Extreme Duty Brush Cutter Added to John Deere Worksite Pro™ Attachments Collection
John Deere has added the Extreme Duty Brush Cutter attachment to its line of Worksite Pro attachments.
- National Ag Day Recognizes the Importance of American Agriculture
March 15, 2016 marks National Ag Day, as established by the Agriculture Council of America.
- Iowa Farm and Rural Life Poll Puts Spotlight on Soil Health
The results of the “2015 Iowa Farm and Rural Life Poll” revealed farmers' perceptions of soil health.
- Deere Customers Can Now Calculate JDLink™ ROI Using Estimator Tool
John Deere announced on March 8 that customers can now use the JDLink ROI estimator to determine how effective the telematics solution can be.
- Deere & Company Recognized as One of 'World's Most Ethical Companies' for Tenth Straight Year
Deere & Company announced on March 7 that it was recognized in the Ethisphere Institute’s list of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies."
- 2016 Hawkeye Farm Show Takes the Floor at UNI-Dome
The 29th annual Hawkeye Farm Show in Cedar Falls, Ia., is underway, bringing together more than 20,000 area agricultural producers.
- New John Deere Game Features G-Series Skid Steers and Compact Track Loader
John Deere announced a new interactive game on Feb. 23, featuring G-Series skid steers and a compact track loader.