MachineFinder NEWS for Agriculture
- Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Offers Spring Cover Crop Management Tips
Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey has shared spring management tips for farmers who are growing cover crops for the first time.
- University of Kentucky Gets Set to Host Precision Dairy Farming Conference
The University of Kentucky is working with with the University of Minnesota to host the 2017 Conference on Precision Dairy Farming from May 30 through June 1.
- University of Illinois Crop Specialist: Early Planting Unlikely to Result in Higher Yields
A crop expert from the University of Illinois says that despite early planting by growers, yields will likely remain consistent.
- Purdue Agricultural Sales Manager Seminar Scheduled for May 31-June 1
A two-day educational program is being hosted by Purdue University’s Center for Food and Agricultural Business between May 31 and June 1.
- UGA Cotton Economist: Increase in Exports Driving Cotton Prices Up
With about three-quarters of U.S. cotton being sent overseas, experts claim that cotton prices are rising.
- QS World University Rankings: UC Davis Ranks No. 2 in Agriculture and Forestry
For the fifth year in a row, the University of California, Davis, has been named one of the top schools for agriculture and forestry.
- John Deere Attractions Eliminate Admission Fees and Extend Hours of Operation
John Deere has announced that starting March 1, its attractions in Iowa and Illinois will have extended hours of operation and no admission fees.
- John Deere Recognized in Fortune Magazine’s List of Most Admired Companies
Fortune Magazine has recognized Deere & Company in its list of the World’s Top 50 Most Admired Companies.
- John Deere Opens Strategic Technology Office at ISU Research Park
John Deere has recently announced the opening of a strategic technology office at the Iowa State University Research Park in Ames, Iowa.
- 102nd ANR Week to be Hosted by MSU March 4-11
Michigan State University will host its 102nd ANR Week between March 4 and 11.
- OSU to Offer Upcoming Worker Protection Standard Compliance Workshops
OSU is offering free workshops at several locations throughout Ohio in February, March, and April on new regulations on pesticide use.
- WSU’s Spark Program Encourages Students to Pursue Careers in Agriculture
WSU is seeing success with its Spark program, which is designed to provide teenagers with opportunities to further explore careers in agriculture.
- ISU and Iowa Learning Farms Set to Host Five Cover Crop Workshops
In partnership with ISU Extension and Outreach, Iowa Learning Farms announced on Jan. 18 that it will host five upcoming cover crop workshops.
- New John Deere Grapple for Knuckleboom Loaders Designed to Improve Productivity
John Deere 437E and 337E Knuckleboom Loaders will now come with a new grapple.
- ODA and OSU Extension Urge Farmers to Complete Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program
The ODA, OSU Extension, and other organizations are urging farmers to attend training courses for the Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program.
- John Deere to Join More than 200 Exhibitors at 2017 Quad Cities Farm Equipment Show
John Deere will be one of the many exhibitors participating in the 2017 Quad Cities Farm Equipment Show.
- Registration Now Open for 2017 Indiana Small Farm Conference and Trade Show
Registration has now opened for the 2017 Indiana Small Farm Conference, which will be hosted from March 2 through March 4 in Danville, Indiana.
- Agriculture Recognized as Missouri's Number One Industry in 2016
The agricultural industry’s economic contribution to Missouri in 2016 reached $88.4 billion.
- University of Kentucky to Host Tall Fescue Renovation Workshop March 9
UK has announced that it will host a workshop on March 9 to educate producers on how to renovate their tall fescue pastures.
- Farmers to Share Ideas on New Tools at 2017 ‘Computers on the Farm’ Conference
The Computers on the Farm Conference is being hosted by the University of Missouri Extension between Jan. 13 and 14 at the Tan-Tar-A-Resort at Osage Beach, Mo.