MachineFinder NEWS for Agriculture
- Senate Restores Section 179 Depreciation to 2013 Levels as Year Comes to Close
The Senate’s passing of the Section 179 deduction passes it to the White House, where it will be pending the President’s signature.
- Iowa’s Agriculture Industry Continues to be a Growing Driver of State’s Economy
From livestock farming to crop production, the agriculture industry in Iowa continues to play a large role in the state’s economy.
- Senate Likely to Vote on Section 179 Deduction This Week
H.R. 5771, passed by the House on Dec. 3, 2014 to expand the Section 179 deduction limits, will likely be voted on by the Senate within the next few days.
- Survey: Railroads Moving Grain from 2014 Harvest More Effectively than a Year Ago
Grain from the 2014 harvest is being moved on railroad lines faster than a year ago, expediting the storage process.
- USDA’s 2015 Agricultural Outlook Forum to Focus on “Smart Agriculture”
A number of speakers and discussions will focus around the 2015 theme, “Smart Agriculture in the 21st Century,” at the USDA’s annual Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Deere Announces Acquisition to Enhance Strategic Focus on Sugarcane Industry
John Deere recently announced the acquisition of Auteq, an onboard software and computer company, to provide integrated innovative technologies and solutions for the sugarcane production.
- NICB Releases Heavy Equipment Theft Report for 2013
The NICB's Heavy Equipment Theft Report recently revealed that an increasing amount of heavy equipment has been stolen in the past year.
- John Deere’s Livestock Loyalty Program Says Thanks to Existing Customers
Existing John Deere livestock equipment owners can now save on future equipment purchases thanks to the Livestock Loyalty Program.
- Three John Deere Products Recognized at SIMA Innovation Awards 2015
Three John Deere innovations have been recognized as award winners at the 2015 SIMA Innovation Awards in Paris.
- John Deere Tractor & Engine Museum to Open on Dec. 2
The John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum is set to open December 2nd, giving visitors a look into its tractor history.
- John Deere Collaborates with Software Developers at 2014 “Develop with Deere” Conference
Software developers and John Deere staff recently met to discuss how software systems can better simplify the farm management process.
- One Millionth John Deere Tractor Built at Augusta Factory
John Deere reaches a major manufacturing milestone with the completion of the one millionth tractor built at the John Deere Augusta factory in Grovetown, Georgia.
- MSU Hosts John Deere Ag Expo, Educates Future Farmers on the Industry
Montana State University recently hosted the John Deere Ag Expo to educate students on the agriculture industry.
- John Deere Adds Three Small-Frame Models to 6R Series Lineup
John Deere’s new small-frame 6R Series models are designed to handle many farm, ranch and commercial chores.
- John Deere Once Again Ranks on Top Companies for Leaders List
For the third consecutive year, John Deere leadership has been recognized among the top in the world.
- USDA’s Crop Update: Corn Production Slightly Down, Soybeans Up 1%
The National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Agricultural Statistics Board, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently released a crop production update, explaining the crop assembly results from the October forecast.
- 2015 Farm Futures Business Summit Focuses on Better Farming Decision-Making
The 2015 Farm Futures Business Summit aims to help farmers become better managers in a time of agricultural change.
- 2014 John Deere Classic Raises $6.33 Million for Area Charities
The 2014 John Deere Classic raised $6.33 million for local and regional charities.
- John Deere's HarvestLab Sensor Receives "The Award for Innovation"
John Deere was a recently presented with “The Award for Innovation,” sponsored by Farm Business, for the company’s highly commended Harvest Lab Sensor.
- USDA’s NASS Releases Ag Census Web Maps App to Farmers
The Ag Census Web Maps app is designed to provide farmers with critical data on-the-go.