MachineFinder NEWS for Tractors
- Green Iron Equipment Set to Host On the Road with Machinery Pete Episode
Green Iron Equipment in LaMoure, North Dakota will host a roundtable discussion as part of the latest “On the Road with Machinery Pete” episode.
- Consumer Reports: John Deere Lawn Tractors More Reliable than Competition
John Deere lawn tractors were recognized by Consumer Reports as more reliable than other lawn tractor brands.
- USDA FSFL Program Now Includes Portable Storage and Handling Equipment
The USDA recently announced that it will provide a new financing option for farmers looking to purchase portable storage and grain handling equipment.
- University of Illinois Outlines Planting Dates for Highest Corn and Soybean Yields
Optimal times to plant for corn and soybean crops appear to fall in mid-April, but farmers who are waiting for drier field conditions may not see a large yield penalty.
- Number of Indiana Acres Devoted to Cover Crops Grows by 225 Times in Past Decade
Soil health in the state of Indiana is improving, much in part due to the planting of cover crops.
- USDA Expands Safety-Net for Family Dairy Farms
The USDA announced that dairy farms participating in the Margin Protection Program can now update their production history when a family member joins.
- John Deere Historic Site Opens for 52nd Season on May 1, 2016
John Deere announced on April 13 that it will be opening the doors to the John Deere Historic Site for the 52nd year on May 1.
- Midwest Machinery Co. to Host Upcoming On the Road with Machinery Pete Episode
It was announced on April 13 that On the Road with Machinery Pete will host a roundtable discussion at the Midwest Machinery Co. in Sauk Center, Minn.
- John Deere Mobile RTK Signal Now Available in North America
John Deere announced on April 11 that it has launched the John Deere Mobile RTK Signal in North America.
- Virginia Beach to Host 7th National Small Farm Conference
The 7th National Small Farm Conference will be held in Virginia Beach between September 20 and 22.
- Drivers Reminded to Watch for Farm Equipment During Planting Season
The University of Missouri Extension warns those in rural areas that farm equipment may be on the roads during planting season.
- U.S. Corn Acreage Set for Dramatic Increase in 2016
U.S. corn growers expect to plant 93.6 million acres of corn this year, which would mark the first increase in corn planted acreage since 2012.
- Producers Being Urged to Prepare Farm Equipment for the Planting Season
A Purdue Extension specialist is encouraging agricultural professionals to tune up their machinery for safety and efficiency during planting.
- John Deere Expands Sprayer Line with Joint Venture
John Deere announced on March 29 that it has entered an agreement with Hagie Manufacturing, a U.S.-based high-clearance sprayer manufacturer.
- 2016 Gathering of the Green Draws Record Attendance
Approximately 3,000 John Deere enthusiasts turned out for the 2016 Gathering of the Green conference in Davenport, Ia.
- Purdue University Online Course Looks to Assists Ag Sales Professionals
Purdue University has launched a new course to address the demand for more ag sales education.
- John Deere MowerPlus App Simplifies Lawn Care Responsibilities
John Deere introduced a new smartphone application on March 16 called MowerPlus to help customers simplify lawn work.
- Deere & Company Recognized as One of 'World's Most Ethical Companies' for Tenth Straight Year
Deere & Company announced on March 7 that it was recognized in the Ethisphere Institute’s list of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies."
- Accel Deep™ Mower Deck Headlines Updates to John Deere ZTrak™ Mowers
John Deere announced a number of new updates to its ZTrak zero-turn radius mower line on March 2, headlined by the Accel Deep mower deck option.
- 2016 Hawkeye Farm Show Takes the Floor at UNI-Dome
The 29th annual Hawkeye Farm Show in Cedar Falls, Ia., is underway, bringing together more than 20,000 area agricultural producers.