Which John Deere Attachments are Great to Use for the Winter?
All John Deere tractors (signature and select series) are known for their ability to keep one’s land looking great for the entire year. While many often think that these tractors are only useful in the spring, fall and summer, they are also great for winter, especially with a few additions to the machinery. Winterizing your machine is much easier than you think.
Let’s take a look at some of the winter attachments you can use to get the most out of your machine:
- Heavy-Duty Skid Shoes: Skid shoes are a great way to make sure that your snow blower and concrete stay safe from damage. This attachment allows you to adjust the skid shoes so that the driver can set the blading height to whatever they need.
- Wheel Weights: When it comes to the winter conditions, you will get more traction when your vehicle has more weight. Wheel weights are great for those who are working on hills - otherwise, these terrains may be difficult to drive on.
- Rear Weight Brackets: When you add blades and blowers to the front of the tractor, this can add quite a bit of weight. Rear weight brackets can be added to the back of the tractor to provide more stability to the vehicle.
- Weather Enclosures: Sitting on a tractor in a snowstorm can be uncomfortable, especially when it’s cold and wet outside. Weather enclosures can help to improve this experience.
- Tire Chains: Tire chains are recommended for use in the winter because they can help create extra traction, especially when going up icy hills (especially those made out of pavement and concrete).
- Angling Kits: Angling kits help to winterize your tractor by allowing you to twist your snow blade 20 degrees. This allows you to be more efficient.
- Spreaders: Pull-type and electric spreaders can be added to your tractor, so they can be filled with snow and ice melting applications.
For more information regarding the John Deere attachments or related products, contact your local John Deere dealer.