What is an Excavator?
Excavators are pieces of heavy construction and forestry equipment. They typically contain four major pieces - a boom, dipper (or stick), bucket, and cab, all of which are located on a rotating platform known as the house. These pieces of equipment are used for many different purposes, however, they are primarily used in the forestry industry.
How are Excavators Used?
Here are some of the ways an excavator can be used:
- Digging trenches, holes, and foundations
- Forestry mulching
- Handling materials
- Brush cutting with saws and mower attachments
- General landscaping
- Forestry work
- Demolition with hydraulic claws, cutters, and breaker attachments
- Mining, especially, but not only open-pit mining
- Driving piles, in conjunction with a pile driver
- Dredging rivers
- Drilling shafts and rock blasting
- Snow removal with snowplow and snow blower attachments
For more information regarding the John Deere forestry equipment or related products, contact your local John Deere dealer.