Work on farm equipment led to a large fire in Mississippi on February 20, a television station reported.
According to WDAM, a person was using a blow torch to try and take apart some farm equipment. A spark from the torch ended up causing a 30-acre fire, which was put out by volunteer firefighters. There were no injuries associated with the fire.
The fire occurred on a farm in the southern portion of Forrest County near Carnes. Fire departments from the towns Carnes, Brooklyn and McLaurin all responded to the blaze.
Whether it's using a blow torch or pieces of farm equipment, people should make sure they take the proper safety precautions. For example, when using farm equipment on the road, people should make sure their slow-moving-vehicles are easily seen and should keep an eye out for cars on the road.
For blow torches, people should make sure they are wearing proper safety equipment, including gloves and goggles or a mask that will protect a person's face and eyes during whatever work they may be doing.